In my office we trade ideas of new ways to use coconut oil and those of us who are devotees are slowly converting the entire office. Colleagues nearby who couldn’t care less about the food trends and healthy eating tips we swap have been dragged in to the conversations and eventually they give in and ask why we love coconut oil. At some point they all say, “how do you use it again?”
Get us started and we all start saying the same things: It’s a lifesaver. It can be used for absolutely everything. Everything!
Occasionally, we look online and find lists of suggestions. Invariably, between us all, we’ve tried most uses and here are some of the favourites:
- Oil pulling – I’m a huge fan! My teeth are definitely whiter since I started pulling
- Skin moisturiser – We all do this (I add grapefruit essential oil to mine)
- Cooking ingredient – We’re all devoted to cooking with coconut oil. I love a spoonful added to my porridge with blueberries, nuts and cinnamon. I’m salivating just thinking about it now.
- Hair conditioner – This one isn’t the most popular in our office, but quite a few of us have tried it
- Eye makeup remover – Hands down the best way to get eye makeup off fast!
I suppose to the uninitiated, even this short list sounds a bit loony. Or if you hate the smell of coconut this might not be for you.
Fortunately, that’s not an issue for me and I can and do use coconut oil for everything. In fact, I use it so much I have a debate with myself each time I travel. How much coconut oil can I travel with? Will the airline security think I’ve got something suspicious in my luggage? Do I have to travel with a labelled jar, instead of my handy clip-top glass container? Do I want to carry one big jar of coconut oil that I can use on my skin, face, teeth, cooking and snacking? On a few recent trips I’ve convinced myself not to bother packing coconut oil, but then on day 2 of the trip, I’ve gone out and bought a jar anyway.
Needless to say, I’m devoted to the many, varied uses of coconut oil and I’m always happy to swap suggestions or extol the virtues of this wonder oil. Maybe I’m even a bit of a coconut oil pusher.
Let me know if you have some fabulous uses for coconut oil. Maybe there are still a few that my office crowd and I haven’t yet tried.